Saturday 29 January 2011

Annika

I have decided to introduce the participants in our wedding, one per week perhaps. Anyhow, starting with:

The Bridesmaid:

I have wonderful friends, childhood friends, new friends, friends who I knew in England, but I only have one sister. Annika.

My sister is not like a normal sister. When I grew up we never argued. We have never borrowed each other’s clothes. We did not go to school together. We didn’t even live together.

By the time I was born Annika was already grown up, and even had a child of her own.

When I was younger Annika was more like a young aunt or an extra mum to me. She was the grown up, I was the child. Her two sons where more like my brothers.


As I have grown up though, it feels as if I have almost caught up in age. We are very different but somehow still alike. I can talk to her about everything. We can go for a walk, go shopping, have a glass of wine or just talk for hours over a cup of tea. For the first time in my life I actually feel like I have a sister.

So when I started thinking about who I wanted as a Bridesmaid it didn’t take me long to decide. My sister.


Me and Annika back in 2007

1 comment: