Saturday 5 February 2011

Barry

The Bestman:

James’ best friend is called Barry. The first time I ever met Barry was also the first time I saw James outside of work.

I worked for a hospitality company where James was a recruitment manager. I was 19 and he was 25, an adult in a suit and tie.

Me at work in 2006

One day I went into the office to pick up my pay cheque, and James went with me to the bank to cash it.
I remember telling him that I had nothing to do that night, I didn’t know many people in England and felt quite lonely. James said if I wanted to I could meet up with him and his friend as they were going out for a drink that evening.
That friend was Barry.

Barry & James

As I started going out with James we saw Barry and his son Charlie on a regular basis.

Fast forward a year or so, me and James where living together and I had started working in an office. Me and a girl called Hannah started on the same day, and we got on from the start.

           Hannah
We became friends, and when we went out one night we met up with James and his friends, one of them Barry.
One thing led to another, and today they have a house together and are planning their wedding in April next year!! ((You're welcome!!)

Hannah & Barry 2011

Barry is the Bestman, a great friend to both who has been there from the start!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Bless getting nearer every day let's hope Barry has been practising his Swedish
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete