Monday 14 March 2011

Horses

Miramis and Corvette in the background

This weekend I have mainly spent in the stables.
Saturday: Linda asked me if I wanted to ride as she didn't have the time. James was working in the kitchen and I didn't have anything planned so I went and got Corvette from their now very icy field. After having brushed her for ages, they are loosing their winter fur now so it takes ages, I realised that she had a loose shoe. So I couldn't ride her.
Instead I got to borrow Miramis as I was already out there and didn't have anything to do. So I took him out, rode off with the hopes of good road conditions. Unfortunatlely I didn't get that, the whole way we got either sheer ice, or really deep snow. I can't wait for it to melt a bit more so you can start riding properly.

Ludde

Glen

Sunday: As Anna who owns the stable was away for the week we have taken turns to look after the horses. There are only 5 horses in the stable, so it's not really hard work.
I got there for just before 8 am on Sunday morning, gave the horses their breakfast and then let them out. Because I couldn't ride Corvette I just stayed in the stable. It was horrible outside, cold, grey and snowing, so I stayed in and cleaned Corvette's gear. It's so relaxing being in a stable, sometimes it's nice not riding and just spending time with the horses.

Stable cats

2 comments:

  1. Men halla, skulle det inte vara var nu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det är ju vår, ser du inte att man börjar skymta lite barmark ute på gärdena? ;)
    Men det går fort nu, smälter bort mer för varje dag, och solen värmer!

    ReplyDelete