Friday 22 April 2011

Another Adventure with Gubben Snäll

Today I went to see Ottino again for the first time in ages. It felt like he remembered me though and was happy to see me.

Their new place is amazing, great fields and riding tracks! I fell in love with it, it was a harmonic place.

The weather was perfect, sunny and warm.

The ride started off with a bit of an adventure. When I was getting up on Ottino I got up from the wrong side and completely surprised him.

Half a second after I had put my foot in the stirrup and jumped up we were off in a full gallop! I wasn't even in the saddle yet but was hanging half on half off.

I managed to haul myself into the saddle just as Ottino took off and jumped over a rock.

As I still only had one side of the reins I couldn't stop him, but managed to turn him around. He then jumped over the rock again, from the other side.


The location of our little adventure and the rock we jumped over - twice!

After that I had finally managed to get hold of the reins and stop him. All this happened in about 10 seconds.

After that we laughed about it for about 10 minutes. I only concentrated on not falling off and stop him but Elina said I got into a proper jumping position when we jumped the rock. Haha!

Luckily it ended well and Ottino calmed down as soon as he realised I wasn't a wolf attacking him.

That was the only adventure of the ride. We found new tracks in the forest that seemed never ending and perfect for riding!

Elina & Emmi on Pippi and Jullan 

Me on Ottino

It was a lovely ride and the have picked a great new place to keep their horses. I am so glad that I got a chance to ride Ottino again as I have missed him!

Every day is an adventure 

Elina and Emmi's version in Swedish here.

1 comment:

  1. I had to read about your adventure with Ottino with one eye closed,because otherwise I had been too scared!

    ReplyDelete