Thursday 7 April 2011

Photo Shoot

A few days ago I got a call from a photo studio. They asked me if I would be interested in a "free" photo shoot.

Well.

In 2007 I "won" a "Model for a day" competition.
You got a make over and photo shoot for two with one of London's top photographers, worth £500.
It sounded exciting!

So I brought James with me to London and the studio. As we walked in we realised that we were not the only ones who had "won" this price. There were loads of people waiting, and we had to queue up before they got to us.

A lady slapped on my make up in about 10 minutes whilst I sat there cringing.

- Is this ok? she said.

I looked at myself, loads of foundation, messy mascara and a bit of eye shadow. I looked like a ghost.

- Eh, could you fill in my eye browns a bit maybe? I asked.

- Sure, she said, took the same brush as she had used for my eye shadow and drew two lines. I felt like I had put my make up on in the dark.

At least James looked good!

They curled my hair, and parted it in the middle which I hate. Then we spent about an hour being photographed. They took loads of pictures in different clothes, styles etc, then it was "next please".

Afterwards we went upstairs and met with a sales woman who went through the pictures with us. You got one for free but the rest you had to pay for. And they were £75 each!!!!!

She kept trying to sell us more pictures, getting annoyed when we said that we didn't really need loads of pictures of our selves, we were just doing it for fun.
In the end we bought one extra picture, and quickly left.

Models

So I said thank you but no thank you to the photo shoot. I can do my own make up, and if I want pictures of myself I have a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment