Tuesday 24 May 2011

The girl who lived in England

I have now been back in Sweden for as long as I was away, 3,5 years.

I am no longer the girl who's moved back from England, I am now the girl who lived in England for a while.

England will always feel like my second home. One because James is from there, and we have his family there, and two because I actually grew up in England.

At least from an immature 18-year old into quite a grown up 21-year old. I got my first proper job there, well my first three proper jobs.


Me age 18, first month in England

I lived by myself for the first time, and then moved in with my boyfriend for the first time. I learnt what it was like to pay rent, tax, to service you car and to call up the electrician when the power was out.
I got promoted for the first time. I had a car accident for the first time. I started my first pension plan.

I fell in love with the man I am planning to spend the rest of my life with.

I am so grateful for everything I learned in that wonderful country.

New Years in our flat in Ascot

No comments:

Post a Comment