Sunday 17 July 2011

Live Post - In Swaziland!

So after a few days in the bush we are a bit behind on the live posts. Well everything in Vic Falls was amazing! We left there on the Thursday to fly back to Johannesburg, and then drive to Kruger.

After a long and quite adventurous drive in the dark, involving not only crazy drivers and bush fires, but also a dead body (more about that later!), we arrived safelty at Manyatta Rock Camp in Kwa Madwala.

Out hotel was located in which I can only describe as a different world! Far up on a mountain, overlooking a bush that contained The Big Five, with no fence in between, we lived in what looked like a hut (see pic)!

We spent the next two days visiting the Kurger Park, and doing walks and drives in the big park surrounding our hotel.



Encoutering elephants, rhinos, giraffes, and a load of different animals was absolutely amazing! We had dinner by an open fire and where constantly dusty and dirty. It was brilliant! It was a whole different world and we both loved it.

Today we have driven to out hotel in Swaziland. Oh so different from the way we have lived for the past few days, this hotel is pure luxury! Swaziland is very different from South Africa, even though it's not far apart. It's absolutely beautiful with green forests and high mountains. People are so nice and friendly, there are cows and goats on the roads. It's extra special for me as my aunt and her family lived here, my three cousins grew up here, and I have been hearing about this country my whole life. I never thought I'd actually get to visit it, but here I am!

Now we are going to have some champagne, we are hoping to post some pictures later on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment