Sunday 31 July 2011

We Are Back!

We are back home, after a great flight back. BA is actually pretty brilliant to fly with.
Comfortable seats, the food is not bad, but here is the best bit - the film library! You just pick whichever film you want to watch, whenever you want. They have loads of new films, and I almost didn't want the flight to end as I wanted to watch them all. I really quite like flying, there is no other place where you just have to sit back and relax. Read your book, watch a film. Get drinks and food served without having to get up...

On the flight from London to Stockholm I spoke to an American lady. She worked with homeless people and raised money for the charity by working together with stone cutting artists from Zimbabwe. She had never been there so she was eager to here about my perception of the country (beautiful but very poor). Her, her husband and their 18 year old son where going on a cruise from Stockholm over to Finland and then around loads of places. She was stressing though because they had missed their first flight and only had an hour from the airport to get to the harbour. I hope they made it!
When they were getting off the plane she turned back to me.

- I forgot to tell you, she said, that me and my husband had been together for a long time before we got married too. But it is so much nice to be married, you don't think it will change anything but it does. It is lovely.

I will update you on our last days in South Africa shortly. Loving being home by the way, Sweden is beautiful and feels very hot after the African winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment