Wednesday 14 November 2007

Plans for the Future

I met up with Hannah and Selina on Wednesday, the first time in ages that we actually all got together properly. We went to our regular place – Que Pasa in Staines. They do a brilliant Sizzling Chicken Fajita – yum yum!! Poor Hannah missed our last outing, so we both had big news and she was the last one to know.
Selina is engaged and I am moving to Sweden in 2 weeks time!!!
It actually left Hannah speechless, something that does not happen very often! She was very happy for us both though, but sad to see me go (obviously!!).
I am going to start packing this weekend I think. Fortunately I am not one of them girls with lots of clothes and bags and stuff, so hopefully I should be able to jam all my belongings into a suitcase. The only thing I am worried about is my plant! I am not sure whether or not you are allowed a parrot plant on Ryanair flights. I will have to look into that, he is coming! We have had him since he was smaller than my pinkie and he is not about 3 decimetres tall with lovely flowers that look like parrot heads. Ok I really should stop going on about my plant, but I am very proud that we have managed to keep him alive for so long!
I also need to sort out or BT phone line and broadband. I want to cancel it, but stupidly got a 1.5-year contract that does not run out until July. I was kindly informed that if I want to cancel it it’s going to cost me £275!! Aoousch!! I can think of much better to spend my money on. And I have to cancel my pension plan and get my car fixed. Oh dear I think I’vo got quite a lot to sort out before I go…
I am really pleased because James is going to come and see me for my birthday, and then I will be coming back to England a week later to celebrate Christmas and New Year. Hannah suggested that we all meet up and do something together. That would be lovely, the last 2 years James and me have spent in the flat, which is great, but it would be fun to do something different.
A lady in the office turns 50 tomorrow, and has invited us all to her birthday party in Weybridge on Saturday. I am really looking forward to it!! I just need to sort out something to wear, and get my hair sorted. It really is a mess at the moment, and as always I am too stubborn to do something about it. I do not think that it is fair that I have to spent money on something that should just look good naturally. Why doesn't it? A actually had it cut about 6 months ago!I blame the English water.
AAaaanyway, that's all for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment