Friday 14 January 2011

My Wild Pet

When I was about 10 years old I was downstairs in my parent’s house when I discovered a mouse that had got caught in our mouse trap cage. It was the cutest little thing with dark brown eyes and the tiniest hands.
I took the cage and put it in my room, and fed the mouse with seeds and water. I spent hours watching it and was determined that it had come to me for a reason and was meant to be my new pet. However, when my parents discovered it they were less than thrilled. I begged and pleaded, and think I was starting to win my dad over. He even went to the pet shop to look at proper cages. But somehow they talked me out of it. They explained that the mouse had friends that would be worried sick and maybe parents that were waiting for it to come home. So in the end me and my dad went outside and let him free.
I have never seen a mouse run so fast, in seconds he was gone. I realised then that my feelings towards the mouse were not mutual, and that he would probably be better off without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment