Tuesday 15 February 2011

Grown-up

I can still not get my head around the fact that I am now an adult.

The other day when I spoke to my niece Gabriella who is 12 she said that her friends didn’t want to go with us to the concert as they didn’t want any grown ups with them.

Grown up!?? But I am not a grown up!! I mean, I am an adult, but not in a “no grown-ups allowed” sense! When did this happen?

Even though I have been driving for seven years, working for six years, got a house and am getting married I can still somehow not believe that this is what it’s like to be a grown up.

I though I would change as I grew up, but I haven’t! I know more and I have more confidence, but I am still exactly the same person inside. And apparently talking about this with people that are older than me, this is how I am going to feel now for the rest of my life.

Me not so grown up

No comments:

Post a Comment