Thursday 24 March 2011

American, Australian, South African, Irish?

Yesterday two different people asked me to look over something they'd written in English. Bless!

I really enjoy translating things at work and looking over texts that make my brain work, so I am more than happy to help.
It also keeps my English up to date, as we never speak English at home. After more than three years back in Sweden sadly my English is not as good as it was when I lived there.

My last years in England no one ever asked me where I was from, but lately when I have met English people they have been able to tell that I am not English.

"You sound slightly Australian" Reuben said when we met up with him and Sofia. "Or perhaps a hint of a New Zealand accent."

"Or maybe Swedish?" I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment