Thursday 3 March 2011

Have fun with your horse

http://barfotahovar.wordpress.com/.

Emmi and Elina have started a blog about their slightly different horse holding philosophy. Their aim is to keep their horses as close to their natural habitat as possible. No shoes, no stable, no blankets. Large fields to roam in 24/7.

They work with the horses as individuals rather than servants.

Very interesting read for horsey people.

Elina at work

Anyhow, I was reading their blog and saw a picture of Elina riding her pony Pippi in the snow, no saddle and just a halter.

Elina & Pippi
http://barfotahovar.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/ocensurerade-idioter/

This picture just reminded me of the days when I had my own horses, Lukas and Valona.

Me & Valona

Me and Alina would literally go out riding in the snow just like that, no saddle, no bridle. Full steam ahead, race over the field, jump over fallen trees, hang on for dear life. Standing up, backwards, sideways.

Laugh. Fall off. Up again. The horses were laughing with us.

I miss those days! I don't do that anymore. I knew my horses very well, and riding someone elses horse is very different. It's such a great responisility, they trust you with their dearest beloning. Their baby.

But every now and then it's ok to just let your horse have fun, no pressure. No saddle.

Just you and the horse and a snowy field.

No comments:

Post a Comment