Wednesday 20 April 2011

Exceptional Stupidity

The other night I again had a strange dream.

Me and James lived in a flat really high up in a building somewhere that looked a bit like New York.

We wanted to move, and because we just had installed an alarm we also had a really good insurance.
So James got the brilliant idea to set fire to our apartment, that way we could get the insurance money and buy another place.
I thought it was so clever, and we started a small fire on the floor in the living room. The fire quickly grew and I realised that we hadn't packed, so I rushed around in the heat. Then I realised we had to get the cats so I had to go back in and get them.
Suddenly the fire was out, so James tried to light it again. As he was doing that there was a knock on the door and the police was there. James quickly hid the fire under the carpet, but they just laughed at us.
- Don't you think we know what you're trying to do? they said. We can see you, have you forgotten that you have just installed a surveillance camera!?


Oh god we felt so stupid. Then they handed over a load of paperwork where they charged us with "Exceptional Stupidity". There were also loads of pictures of us starting the fire.

When I woke up I still had that feeling of utter embarrassment, and was so relieved to realised that none of it was real!

Now what does that dream mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment