Saturday 2 July 2011

The Ceremony

As I walked into church with Annika I was greeted by my dad, Lily and Sophia. They all looked lovely!

 Sophia & Lily

I was given my bouquet which looked amazing, and the vicar came out to greet us.

- When it's time to start walking, count to ten before you start, she said, and then disappeared. I sat down and told Lily and Sophia how lovely they looked, and told them that I would be walking right behind them.

Then the bells started ringing. I looked at my dad. Was this when we started walking? He didn't know, I asked Annika. "No, wait for the music to start" she said. Oh yeah. Then the music started!! We went with the Mendelssohn Wedding March. It sounded so powerful, perfect! Then we started walking.



Going into see everyone I just felt so happy! Oh look there is Mia! Oh her dad is here! My work mates! Ah there is Alina, they look lovely! I smiled at everyone who smiled back at me, gave a little wave, a nod. So happy! So much love!

Then my smile broadened when I saw James standing up there with Barry next to him. My Jamesi! I had missed him and was so happy to see him. I wasn't nervous then, just so happy and a bit overwhelmed.

My dad sat down, and I quickly gave Annika my bouquet so I could hold James' hand with both of mine. She looked a bit confused at first because I wasn't supposed to have given her the bouquet until later, but the vicar just smiled a "it doesn't matter" smile.

Then she started talking. I don't remember much of what she said, but I do remember her saying this:

- If you remember anything of what I tell you, remember this: Always respect each other. Don't try to change the other. Let James be James and Charlotta be Charlotta, and you will get far.

Kristina did a reading about how love is the greatest of everything, and read it perfectly.

Then James' mum read a poem, which was so lovely that it made us tear up. I remember the first line clearly - Today you married your best friend.


I actually don't remember the order of everything, but I recall Barry giving the rings to the vicar, and she blessed them. James put mine on, I struggled to put his on and had to use both hands. Happy. He is mine!

Then Emma sang our song. She walked up there and looked at us with a smile and tears in her eyes, singing beautifully just for us. At this point most people in church cried, but I didn't see anything apart from Emma, and James.

We said our vows, looked into each other's eyes. Smiling. Then it was all over. We turned around smiling at everyone, and started making our way out. We were married.

Mr and Mrs Swan!

1 comment:

  1. Ni ser så himla lyckliga ut och vilket fint bröllop ni verkar ha haft! Det var jättekul att ses igen ikväll, ush jag vill verkligen inte tillbaka till England och reality - men men, hoppas vi ses snart igen, jag kommer nog hem en gång till i sommar, hoppas jag. Stor kram till er båda, ni är så himla gulliga.

    ReplyDelete