Thursday 17 February 2011

Eat more? Okey!

We are going through a health control at work at the moment. They measure your weight, your heart rate, blood pressure etc. I haven’t been yet, but my colleagues who have been there have all been told that they don’t eat often enough.

You should according to our health doctor eat:

Breakfast
Morning snack
Lunch
Afternoon snack
Dinner
Evening snack

(Snack being something like a fruit, a sandwich or yoghurt.)

I mean who eats that much? I normally eat breakfast, lunch, a fruit in the afternoon and then dinner. But I am willing to eat more for the sake of my health, so this is my new diet:

06.00 am: Cornflakes with milk
09.00 am: Cheese sandwich
12.00: Lunch
14.30: Yoghurt with muesli and a banana
19.30: Dinner

The only bit I skip is the second evening meal, I just don’t have time to eat twice in the evening.

So that is my diet really. I do not try to eat less as I am not trying to loose weight, I work out quite a lot and I need the energy. If I want to have ice-cream I will have ice-cream. If someone offers me a biscuit I will eat two. If I fancy chocolate cake I will have chocolate cake. It’s a part of the pleasures of life and not something I refuse myself.

But when you stick to scheduled meals you rarely get those cravings, simply because you are never hungry.

This post obviously required a picture of me eating.
Here with James' cousin Emma.

No comments:

Post a Comment